The Forest Hills High School Physical Education and Health Department is led by Assistant Principal Walter Birkhold. His office is located in room 167. AP Birkhold is available from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
1) All Forest Hills H.S. PE locks will cost $16.
2) All students will be issued a locker # and be given a Forest Hills H.S. lock that is already secured in place on their respective locker #’s.
3) Students will keep these locks on their same locker # for their entire high school career.
4) At no point in time should that school issued lock leave the locker room or the building until graduation or transfer to another school.
5) It is the student’s responsibility to check the integrity of their locker on the days they have PE and report any discrepancies to their PE teacher or AP Birkhold immediately.
6) All students must check that their lock is secured before leaving the locker room which includes pulling down on the lock to make certain it does not open.
7) As has always been the case, nothing may be stored over night in your PE locker other than your PE attire which includes shorts or sweatpants, T-shirt, socks, sneakers and deodorant.
8) Your child will only have access to the locker room during their PE period.
9) All students are required to have a locker. No outerwear including jackets and book bags will be permitted in any PE spaces including gyms, weight rooms, etc.
Please see below for alternate language versions of the FHHS PE Locker Room Policy.
PE price list for uniforms 2017-2018 (Subject to change)
Health Education: Under NYS Education Law all students in grades 9 - 12 are permitted to request free condoms from their school. Parents have the right to opt out of condom distribution. Scroll down this page and see the attached document titled "HIV-AIDS Opt Out Letter". Download the document and follow the instructions; mailing it back to Forest Hills Attention: Mr. Ben Sherman, Principal and marking it "Confidential". The Health Teachers also request that parents visit the following website by clicking HERE to view the health/sex education curriculum for NYC Schools
Dear Parent or Guardian,
We are writing to let you know about a change to the immunization requirements for school-age children. Beginning in September 2016, all students in seventh and twelfth grades—and District 75 students who are 12 years old and 16 to 17 years old—will be required to be vaccinated for meningitis. The vaccine is medically known as MenACWY (quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine) and was previously known as MCV4 (brand names Menactra and Menveo). Vaccination with MenACWY has been routinely recommended for children at 11 and 16 years of age, and now it is required for school.
The MenACWY vaccine helps protect against meningococcal disease, an infection caused by Neisseria meningitidis bacteria. Meningococcal disease—also known as meningitis—can spread from person to person. Teens and young adults are at increased risk. The disease can develop very quickly and even with treatment, infections can be very serious and lead to other health problems or death. The meningococcal vaccine is the best way to protect teens from getting meningococcal disease.
Protect your child; have him or her vaccinated before the beginning of the next school year. Also, make sure your child is up-to-date on all vaccines.
Please plan ahead and talk to your pediatrician about your child and vaccines. For more information, refer to the enclosed MenACWY Vaccine Information Statement or visit cdc.gov/vaccines/.
Department of Education
Mary T. Bassett, MD, MPH
Department of Education Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
All Students - New gym uniforms and locks can be purchased from room B 60 between 7:30 am - 8:30 am and 10:20 am - 2:40 pm. Students can also retrieve forgotten passwords for their gym locks during those times. Students must have photo ID.
Summer 2019 Locker Room Cleanout Policy
Please be advised that the PE locker rooms MUST be cleaned out by Friday 6/14/19. You can start cleaning them out by Wednesday, 6/12/19. Potential graduating seniors must remove their locks from the lockers. Freshman, sophomores and juniors, your locks must remain on your assigned PE lockers over the summer. However, all lockers must be cleaned out of all contents so that the custodians can conduct their annual summer cleaning of all lockers. The custodians will begin cleaning lockers on Tuesday 6/18/19. Your locks must be closed and secured on either the door handle or the hasp while leaving the custodians access to your locker to clean and sterilize. Do not leave your lock unlocked ever! If you have any questions, please ask your PE teacher or the locker room attendants for help. Any items left behind will be discarded/donated.
Locker must be open!!!
Lock must be closed!!!
Have a great summer!