FOREST HILLS HIGH SCHOOL RANGERS 2019-2020
Welcome to a new Rangers school year! Please check out this page for new PSAL athletic information and other important documents.
PSAL Mission Statement
THE MISSION OF THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS ATHLETIC LEAGUE IS TO PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES FOR EDUCATING STUDENTS IN PHYSICAL FITNESS, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND SOCIALIZATION SKILLS THROUGH AN ATHLETIC PROGRAM THAT FOSTERS TEAMWORK, DISCIPLINE AND SPORTSMANSHIP.
Click on the link to learm more about PSAL sports:
Forest Hills High School PSAL is run by our Athletic Director, Physical Education Teacher Ms. Judy Garelle. If you are interested in participating in the Athletic Program at Forest Hills High School please speak to our Athletic Director. Ms. Garelle's office is in room 140A,
Email @ email@example.com,
718-268-3137 ext. 1403
Also, please check out out tryout page for sport/season specific information.
Attention All Athletes
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 2019: In addition to PSAL eligibility requirements and regulations, Forest Hills High School, with a vision of strong academic expectations, is requiring ALL STUDENT ATHLETES to maintain a MINIMUM OVERALL GPA of 65 every marking period as well as a 90% attendance rate every marking period.
Attention All Athletes
Posted below are very important documents that must be read by all current and prospective athletes regarding new PSAL Eligibility Requirements (scroll down).
Attention Parents and Student Athletes
Below you will find several important documents. Please be sure to review them.
Visiting Team and Spectator Policy for School Year 2019-2020
We believe all athletes should have an audience to cheer them on. We encourage our students to be spectators at our many athletic games and events.
Good sportsmanship involves clear rules and expectations not only of the players but of the spectators. Please be aware of the following:
All spectators must show a photo ID and sign in for entry to all athletic events in the school building. Forest Hills High School students will be asked to swipe in using their school ID cards.
Entry will begin at 4:00PM; games begin at 4:30PM unless otherwise posted on the PSAL website.
· All team members must enter the main entrance with their coach. Strict PSAL rules will be followed. Only the visiting teams’ coaches (up to two), one score keeper, and up to two managers will be allowed to enter with the team. The coach must be present with the team for entry.
· All spectators, including FHHS students must have a photo ID to enter the event. FHHS students will be asked to swipe their ID upon entering the building. Spectators will be admitted to the event through Exit 14 outside the Boy's gym or Exit 9 outside the Girl's gym, depending on where the competition is being held.
· There is a 200-person maximum for spectators.
· The visiting coach is responsible for escorting all team members into and out of the building.
· All coaches must have their own defibrillator and first aid kit with them.
· Any player or spectator who fails to adhere to reasonable standards of behavior and good sportsmanship will be escorted out of the building. This includes the use of profanity and the berating of athletes, coaches, officials or other spectators.
· Spectators are responsible for removing their own trash.
· Images taken may not be used on social media for derogatory purposes.
· Any player or spectator who does not follow the directions of the supervisor or safety agents will be escorted out of the building, and may not be allowed back to future games.
Support for our programs is vital. If there is anything we can do to make your participation better, please email : (firstname.lastname@example.org) We look forward to a wonderful and successful year!
Ms. Judy Garelle
Approved by Mr. Paul Wilbur