Welcome to the Forest Hills High School Dance Program. Each dance course is two semesters and students will will work on the following components:
The Fall Term will be dedicated to movement analysis:
- Students will be covering actions, body shaping, regions of the body, and bases of support.
- Students will explore spatial concepts in relation to movement ( over, under, around, near, far, through, behind, beside, and in-front).
- Students will also be covering relationships between dancers (solo, duet, trio, group, leading, following, mirroring, matching, unison, and canon.
- Students will be required to do group projects which they will work on and perform in class.
The Spring Term will be the introduction to ballet and basic barre exercises:
- Student will be learning ballet terminology.
- Students will be required to take one written exam.
- Students will also be introduced to choreography.
- Students will be required to work on a choreography project in class
Please see the attached documents for more information.
Physical Education Teacher